After School Program
An after school program is available to parents. As long as a student is engaged in schoolsponsored programs or activities, the student is expected to follow school policy. Directors of individual activities may also issue rules of behavior, which recognize the special nature of nonclassroom activities. In instances where students are picked up, parents are expected to make arrangements to pick up their children on time at the end of the program or activity. Students will be released only to a parent or a person specified IN WRITING by the parent. Information can be found in the After School Handbook located in the Appendix of this handbook.
AFTER-SCHOOL HANDBOOK 2016-2017
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School provides an After-School Program for the convenience of our parents. In order to run an efficient and safe program we ask that you adhere to the following rules and regulations.
- The After-School program for grades PK-8 runs from 3:00 to 6:00 P.M. On early dismissal days the program will begin at 12:00. There will be no program on the last school day before a holiday or vacation period.
- Any child not picked up 5 minutes after dismissal will be sent to After-School. Whoever picks your child up should be prepared to pay the daily rate.
- The phone number for the After-school program is 914-813-2785. This number will only be answered when after-school is in session. Please do not call it during the day to leave messages. No one will receive the message. All messages before 3:00 should be directed to the Main Office.
- The fee, if paid monthly, averages $10.00 per session and is due on the FIRST SCHOOL DAY OF THE MONTH. The amount will be published on the monthly school calendar. PAYMENTS SHOULD BE SENT TO THE MAIN OFFICE IN AN ENVELOPE MARKED WITH YOUR CHILDS NAME, GRADE AND AMOUNT ENCLOSED. This should be a separate check from tuition. After the first week of school, each month, the daily (15.00) rate will apply.
- For families paying the monthly rate there is a savings for each additional child registered. The first child will pay 10.00/session, the second will pay 9.00/session, the third 8.00/session etc.
- Students may pay by the day. The rate is $15.00 per session and $30.00 for Early Dismissal Days and will be BILLED. PAYMENTS SHOULD BE SENT TO THE MAIN OFFICE IN AN ENVELOPE MARKED WITH YOUR CHILDS NAME, GRADE AND AMOUNT ENCLOSED SO THAT WE KNOW YOUR CHILD IS ATTENDING AFTER-SCHOOL THAT DAY.
- Students are never allowed to be unsupervised in the building. Therefore, children taking advantage of any after school academic, sport, or social activity should report to After-School if the activity does not begin at the close of the school day. Likewise, if a parent is not able to pick a child up after an activity they will be sent to After-School.
- Any child not paying the monthly rate on the first school day of the month will be charged at the per diem rate of $15.00 per session and $30.00 for Early Dismissal Days.
- In the event that there is an emergency and you need to have your child attend After-School please call the School Office and let them know so that your child will escorted to After-School rather than waiting on the street for you to pick them up. Your account will be billed.
- In the event that you do not wish your child to attend After-School on a particular day please let the Main Office know in advance so that your child will be dismissed with the rest of the students.
- If pick-up is after 6 PM, an additional fee of $10.00 per child per 15 minutes or part thereof will be charged and is due at pick up time.
- If you wish your child to have a snack in After-School please send it with them in the morning. On early dismissal days please send a lunch to school with your child.
- In order to insure their safety, no students will be allowed to leave the building at any time after dismissal. They may not leave and return at will.
- After having a snack the children will have supervised recreation time. Then, all children will be expected to do their homework. Help is available from the supervising teachers. Once homework is completed the children will again have supervised recreation time.
- All students must be pre-registered for After-School
- Parents must provide a phone number where they can be reached between dismissal and 6 P.M.
- For the safety of the children students must be signed out of After-School by a responsible adult.
- There will be NO hourly rate.
- There is NO REFUND for missed days.
- Failure of either parents or students to comply with all After-School policies will result in the child being removed from the program.
- Please be reminded that After-School childcare is tax deductible. If you wish to receive a statement of payments for your tax records you must alert the office when you register your child that you wish to receive a statement in January.
- Your children are your most precious resource. Quality, safe, childcare is costly. We realize that our parents work hard to provide the best environment for their children. The following is a breakdown of monthly After-School fees in order that you may budget your resources for the 2015-2016 school year. Please be aware that this is an approximation to be used only for budgeting information. The actual cost each month will also be found on the Monthly School Calendar.
- September 14 sessions $140.00
- October 20 sessions $200.00
- November 17 sessions $170.00
- December 15 sessions $150.00
- January 19 sessions $190.00
- February 20 sessions $200.00
- March 16 sessions $160.00
- April 20 sessions $200.00
- May 21 sessions $210.00
- June Pre-K 6 sessions $ 60.00
- Grades K & 8 7 sessions $ 70.00
- Grades 1-7 9 sessions $ 90.00